EMB-Z2531PA-USB is a performant low-power USB dongle capable of operating in IEEE 802.15.4 or ZigBee networks as a coordinator, router or end device. It is the USB adapter version of the EMB-Z2530PA. The RF section of the USB dongle employs a PA and LNA to provide up to 120dB of link budget. The integrated PCB antenna makes the EMB-Z2531PA-USB ready to transmit/receive over-the-air data out of the box. Two LEDs and one button are also available to build a basic user-interface. All these features allow to get started in few minutes with either firmware development or over-the-air transmission/sniffing.
Notable features include:
- output power up to +20 dBm (100 mW)
- RF sensitivity up to -100 dBm
- integrated PCB antenna or uFL connector option
- open platform
The EMB-Z2531PA-USB ships programmed with an Embit firmware which allows to employ the module as a simple, ready-to-use modem (using AT-like commands over UART; see EBI protocol page for more information). If custom applications needs to be developed, the EMB-Z2530PA-EVK provides all the tools required to download a custom firmware on the module. The IDE to be used depend on the stack chosen. IAR Embedded Workbench is usually used when working with the Z-Stack or TIMAC stacks.
- Technical Specifications
- Program memory: 256KB
- RAM: 8KB
- Output power (MAX): +20dBm
- Sensitivity: -100dBm
- Based on TI CC2531
- Form factor: 60 x 22.6 x 7 mm
- Power consumption (standby): 1.1µA
- Supply: 5V (from USB)
- Firmware Support
Supported firmware stacks:
- Texas Instruments IEEE 802.15.4 MAC: TIMAC version 1.4.0
- Texas Instruments ZigBee 2007 Stack: Z-STACK version 2.5.0
Supported EBI variants:
- Embit Binary Interface for IEEE 802.15.4 protocol: EBI-802154
- Embit Binary Interface for ZigBee protocol: Contact us
All the firmware stacks and the documentation is on the CD-ROM included in the Evaluation Kit.
- USB Driver
Installation is as simple as:
- download the driver from Texas Instruments website (search for “USB Firmware Library”) or as direct download;
- extract the downloaded ZIP file;
- plug the USB dongle to an USB port of your PC;
- point the Windows installation dialog (which will pop up automatically) to the folder where the .INF file has been extracted.
- Ordering Information
For quotes, please contact our sales area at .
- Related Products