868 / 915 MHz
LoRa™ / LoRaWAN™ module
EMB-LR1276S is a 868 / 915 MHz wireless module that combines high performance to small dimensions and low cost, providing the system integrator a simple and easy way to add LoRa / LoRaWAN long range connectivity into existing products.
Notable features include:
- output power can be set up to +18 dBm (~80 mW, for US) or to +14 dBm (~25 mW, for EU)
- sensitivity up to -136 dBm
- extremely reduced power consumption in low power mode (≤1 μA in XLP sleep)
- embedded IEEE EUI-64 address (EMB-LR1276S)
- open platform
The EMB-LR1276S modules is provided with a embedded LoRa/LoRaWAN stack specifically developed by Microchip that allows to be compliant with the latest LoRaWAN specifications, allowing customer to develop firmware application and manage a compatible LoRa eco-system.
The EMB-LR1276S modules are programmed with EBI-LoRa which allows the customer to use the modules as a simple, ready-to-use modem (using AT-like commands over UART; see EBI protocol page for more information). The evaluation kit EMB-LR1276S-EVK is strongly suggested to customers willing to develop their own firmware applications, since the kit provides all tools required to download a custom firmware on the module.
Please note that the EMB-LR1276S is available in 2 versions :
EMB-LR1272E/PC – Pad connector
EMB-LR1272E/UL – with micro U.FL connector for external antenna.
- Technical Specifications
- Based on Microchip SAMR34 SiP
- Program memory: 256 KB
- RAM: 32 KB
- Output power (MAX): +14 dBm / +18 dBm (with PA boost)
- 32MHz and 32Khz Crystals
- Sensitivity: -136 dBm
- AES software encryption available
- Form factor: 11.5 x 11.5 mm
- Power consumption (sleep): <1 µA
- Supply voltage: 3.3 V
- Network Topologies Supported
- Firmware Support
Supported firmware stacks:
- Embit LoRa stack: Embit LoRa / LoRaWAN stack SDK
Supported EBI variants:
- Embit Binary Interface for LoRa / LoRaWAN protocol: EBI-LoRa
- Ordering Information
All the modules EMB-LR1276S are pre-programmed with EBI-LoRa.
For quotes, please use the quotation form or contact our sales area at .