EMB-Z2530PA is a 2.4 GHz low-power wireless module capable of operating in 802.15.4 or ZigBee networks as a coordinator, router or end device. The module features an integrated PA and LNA that increase the link budget and thus increase the communication range. An integrated PCB antenna makes the module a low-cost solution, removing costs typically associated with external antenna mounting.
Notable features include:
- output power up to +20 dBm (100 mW)
- RF sensitivity up to -100 dBm
- integrated PCB antenna or uFL connector option
- open platform
The EMB-Z2530PA modules ship programmed with EBI-802.15.4 which allows the customer to use the modules as a simple, ready-to-use modem (using AT-like commands over UART; see EBI protocol page for more information). The evaluation kit EMB-Z2530PA-EVK is strongly suggested to customers willing to develop their own firmware applications, since the kit provides all hardware tools required to download a custom firmware on the module. The IDE to be used depends on the chosen firmware stack. IAR Embedded Workbench is usually employed when working with the Z-Stack or TIMAC stacks.
- Technical Specifications
- Program memory: 256 kB
- RAM: 8 kB
- Output power (MAX): +20 dBm
- Sensitivity: -100 dBm
- Based on TI CC2530
- Form factor: 29 x 22 mm
- Power consumption (standby): 1.1 µA
- Supply voltage: 3.3 V
- Network Topologies Supported
- Firmware Support
Supported firmware stacks:
- Texas Instruments IEEE 802.15.4 MAC: TIMAC version 1.4.0
- Texas Instruments ZigBee 2007 Stack: Z-STACK version 2.5.0
Supported EBI variants:
- Embit Binary Interface for IEEE 802.15.4 protocol: EBI-802154
- Embit Binary Interface for ZigBee protocol: Contact us
All the firmware stacks and the documentation is on the CD-ROM included in the Evaluation Kit.
EMB-Z2530PA wireless modules are CE and FCC certified. Additionally, EMB-Z2530PA wireless modules are ZigBee-ready.
For more informations about certification of your final product (regarding both conducted and radiated emissions tests) and compliance with European regulations, you can contact us; indeed pre-compliance assistance is one of Embit services.
- Ordering Information
- Related Products