EMB-ZRF212B is an 868 / 915 MHz wireless module that combines high performance to small dimensions and low cost, providing the system integrator a simple and easy way to add IEEE® 802.15.4 / ZigBee / Atmel® LightWeight Mesh 868 MHz wireless connectivity; in particular, mesh networking features provide high flexibility and reliability in over-the-air protocol development.
Notable features include:
- Integration with the latest Atmel® AT86RF212B transceiver;
- RF output power can be increased up to +10 dBm by firmware
- RF sensitivity up to -110 dBm
- Range up to 1000m (LoS)
- Ready-to-use for Mesh, Peer-To-Peer and Point-to-Point network topologies
- Provides easy-to-use self-healing mesh networking (thanks to Atmel® LightWeight Mesh)
- Tri-band module: 868 MHz (EU), 915 MHz (US and Japan) or 780 MHz (China)
The EMB-ZRF212B modules ship programmed with EBI-802.15.4 which allows the customer to use the modules as a simple, ready-to-use modem (using AT-like commands over UART; see EBI protocol page for more information). The evaluation kit EMB-ZRF212B-EVK is strongly suggested to customers willing to develop their own firmware applications, since the kit provides all hardware tools required to download a custom firmware on the module.
- Technical Specifications
- Network Topologies Supported
Topology Firmware stack Notes Atmel MAC 802.15.4, Atmel BitCloud (ZigBee), Atmel LightWeight Mesh Supported also via UART commands, thanks to Embit EBI-802.15.4. Atmel MAC 802.15.4, Atmel BitCloud (ZigBee), Atmel LightWeight Mesh Supported also via UART commands, thanks to Embit EBI-802.15.4. Atmel BitCloud (ZigBee), Atmel LightWeight Mesh Supported also via UART commands, thanks to Embit EBI-ZigBee. Atmel BitCloud (ZigBee), Atmel LightWeight Mesh Supported also via UART commands, thanks to Embit EBI-ZigBee.
- Firmware Support
Supported firmware stacks:
- Atmel IEEE 802.15.4 MAC Stack: AVR2025 MAC (included in Atmel Studio ASF)
- Atmel BitCloud ZigBee PRO Stack: BitCloud 1.13
- Atmel Lightweight Mesh Stack: LwMesh 1.2.1 (included in Atmel Studio ASF)
Supported EBI variants:
- Embit Binary Interface for IEEE 802.15.4 protocol: EBI-802154
All the firmware stacks and the documentation is on the CD-ROM included in the Evaluation Kit.
EMB-ZRF212B wireless modules are CE certified and compliant to ETSI regulations. Additionally, EMB-ZRF212B wireless modules are ZigBee-ready.
For more informations about certification of your final product (regarding both conducted and radiated emissions tests) and compliance with European regulations, you can contact us; indeed pre-compliance assistance is one of Embit services.
- Ordering Information
- Related Products