868 / 915 MHz
LoRa® / LoRaWAN® module
EMB-LR1272 / EMB-LR1272E is a 868 / 915 MHz wireless module that combines high performance to small dimensions and low cost, providing the system integrator a simple and easy way to add LoRa® / LoRaWAN® long range connectivity into existing products.
Notable features include:
- output power can be set up to +19 dBm (~80 mW) or to +14 dBm (~25 mW)
- sensitivity up to -137 dBm
- extremely reduced power consumption in low power mode (≤3 μA in with a RTC clock running, ≤1 μA in XLP sleep (contact us))
- embedded IEEE EUI-64 address (EMB-LR1272E)
- open platform
The EMB-LR1272 modules is provided with a embedded LoRa®/LoRaWAN® stack specifically developed by Embit that allows to be compliant with the latest LoRaWAN® specifications, allowing customer to develop firmware application and manage a compatible LoRa® eco-system.
The EMB-LR1272 modules ship programmed with EBI-LoRa which allows the customer to use the modules as a simple, ready-to-use modem (using AT-like commands over UART; see EBI protocol page for more information). The evaluation kit EMB-LR1272-EVK is strongly suggested to customers willing to develop their own firmware applications, since the kit provides all tools required to download a custom firmware on the module.
Please note that the EMB-LR1272E is available in 2 versions :
EMB-LR1272E/PC – Pad connector
EMB-LR1272E/UL – with micro U.FL connector for external antenna.
- Technical Specifications
- Based on Atmel SAMD20
- Transceiver: Semtech sx1272
- Program memory: 64 KB / 128 KB / 256 KB
- RAM: 8 KB / 16 KB / 32 KB
- Output power (MAX): +19 dBm / +14 dBm
- Sensitivity: -137 dBm
- AES software encryption available
- Form factor: 29 x 22 mm
- Power consumption (sleep): 1 µA / 3 µA (with a RTC clock running)
- Supply voltage: 3.3 V
- Network Topologies Supported
- Firmware Support
Supported firmware stacks:
- Embit LoRa stack: Embit LoRa / LoRaWAN stack SDK
Supported EBI variants:
- Embit Binary Interface for LoRa / LoRaWAN protocol: EBI-LoRa
All the firmware stacks and the documentation is on the CD-ROM included in the Evaluation Kit.
EMB-LR1272 wireless modules are CE certified.
For more informations about certification of your final product (regarding both conducted and radiated emissions tests) and compliance with European regulations, you can contact us; indeed pre-compliance assistance is one of Embit services.
- Ordering Information
All the modules EMB-LR1272E are pre-programmed with EBI-LoRa.
For quotes, please use the quotation form or contact our sales area at .
- Related Products
What are the compatible motes for Sertone? « Sertone Developers Central June 28, 2017
Lora Modules – Billus – Tech Blog July 11, 2019